The groundbreaking DR-22WL from TASCAM is the first portable recorder to include Wi-Fi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC. Other innovations like the new Scene Dial make it easier than ever to capture great-sounding recordings and share them online. A set of stereo condenser microphones is arranged in true XY pattern for ideal stereo imaging. The eight-position Scene Dial selects recording settings for typical situations, or can be set to full manual for greater control.
Included in the DR-22WL is a Wi-Fi function for controlling its transport and transferring files to a smartphone or computer. A free app for iOS and Android controls the transport and transfers files for instant upload. For a recording beginner or experienced user looking for a great-sounding, portable recorder with Wi-Fi, the DR-22WL is the only choice.
Even as a professional recording device, the DR-22WL has numerous automatic functions that can make recording easier for anyone. Numerous automatic recording functions combine with functions that simplify file management.
- Peak Reduction and Limiter
- These functions automatically adjust the recording level in response to the input level. The peak reduction function automatically lowers the level if an input overload is detected, optimizing the recorded sound. The limiter reduces excessive input levels without changing the input level setting.
- Automatic Track Creation by Time
- The DR-44WL can automatically create a new file and continue recording without interruption when a set amount of time has elapsed. This function is convenient when recording for long periods of time. For example, when set to 5 minutes, a new file will be created automatically every 5 minutes when recording. These files can be combined later in your audio editing software for seamless playback. Manual file increment is also possible by pressing the Record button during recording.
- Automatic Track Creation by Level
- The DR-22WL can create a new track every time a level threshold is passed. This can split a concert recording into tracks, and can be useful when digitizing another recording like a cassette, DAT, or vinyl record.
- Automatic Mark Function
- Marks can be added to files when high levels or peaks are detected. When set to a level, marks can be added automatically at the points when songs end. When set to peak detection and used together with the peak reduction function, these marks will identify the points where peaks were detected – making it easy when using audio editing software on a computer. You can also add markers manually while recording.
- File Divide
- This function can divide files where marks are added. When used together with the automatic marking function, long recordings can automatically be divided into files with individual songs. Files can also be divided manually.
- Supported WAV recording formats: 44.1k/48k/96kHz, 16/24bit, WAV/BWF
- Supported MP3 recording format: 44.1k/48kkHZ, 32k to 320kbps, MP3
- Recording media: microSD/SDHC/SDXC card (up to 128GB SDXC card)
- Cardioid stereo condenser microphones fixed in X-Y position
- High sound pressure design captures levels up to 120dB SPL
- PGA (programmable gain amplifier) and Cirrus Logic CS42L52 audio codec for low-noise, high-performance audio recording
- Scene Dial Presets for instant setup of common recording applications
- Remote control, file transfer and streaming playback using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi connects directly to smartphone without a router
- Full remote control using the free TASCAM app for iOS and Android
- Recorded audio can be posted directly to SoundCloud using the TASCAM DR Control app.
- Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
- Automatic level optimization functions (Peak Reduction & Limiter)
- Low-cut filter with four selectable frequencies (40/80/120/220Hz)
- Pre-recording buffer records up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
- Automatic track increment function that can be set according to the application (level, elapsed time or manual)
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
- Automatic mark function that adds marks according to set conditions (peak detection or manual)
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 2.0 times (in 0.1 increments)
- A-B Loop playback function that is convention for practicing music
- Automatic division function that divides files at marks (manual division also possible)
- Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
- Automatic power saving function that prevents unnecessary waste of battery power
- Resume function that retains the last stop position when power is turned back ON
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
- 128×128 pixel oversized graphic LCD with backlight
- USB 2.0 High-speed file transfer to a computer
- Stereo mini headphone line output / Headphone output connector
- Powered by four AA batteries, USB bus power, or AC adapter
- Long-time operation of over ** hours is possible using just the internal batteries
- Strap -hole
- Tripod attachment screw-hole
- 4GB microSD card is included
- RoHS certified